Pension and Welfare


Japanese public pension system

Overview of Japan’s public insurance system, national insurance, and pension insurance:

Japan Pension Service
(English, Chinese, Portuguese, Spanish, Korean, Tagalog, Indonesian, and Russian)


JPS Branch Offices near you

Lump-sum Withdrawal Payments

Procedures and inquiries

The National Pension system is run by the national government, but procedures and inquiries can take place at your local municipality’s pension office.

For a list of offices in Kyoto City:

*In regards to employees’ pension that you receive through your workplace, please direct your inquiries to the person in charge at your place of employment.

Child Welfare, Care Welfare, Welfare for Disabled People, and Livelihood Protection Subsidies

The following link contains information about the national system of welfare, but individual services vary between regions. Ask for more information at your local municipality’s welfare office.

*List of contact information for welfare offices in Kyoto City


Kyoto Prefectural International Center
3F East Bldg. Kyoto Terrsa,70 Higashikujo shimotonoda-cho,Minami-ku,Kyoto
Open / 10:00-18:00
Closed /Tuesdays, National holidays, 12/29-1/3
TEL : 075-681-2500 / FAX : 075-681-2508